Saturday, August 30, 2008

What a Conflicting Day!

First of all a big Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband whom I am so thankful for everyday. He has brought so much love and joy to my life and he is everything to me. He is my other half and soul.

Brittany had her first game this morning (for cheer) and we had so much fun at the game and what a great turnout we had. The boys did great and the girls did great cheering in the heat. Luckily, the coaches thought ahead and brought towels that they soaked in cold water to help cool down the girls. They even gave me one for Kiley!!! How awesome is that. Anyway, after having to get up super early (we met at the school at 7), I had Brittany come home and rest - oh yes, she is battling a double ear infection. I took a little nap as well..ha!

I was studying (OK, so what is new) and my Mom called....with the news I had been dreading. My Great Aunt had given up and passed away. OK, let's back up 2 weeks when my wonderful Great Uncle passed away (her husband) which was truly devastating. He had been watering his flowers that he took great pride in. We are unsure of what happened next (not sure if he fell, had a stroke, etc..) but my G-Aunt who was not doing well mentally (alzheimers) went to look for him and found him in a creek bed. He was still alive but it really tears me apart to know he laid there awake but unable to move. The doctors told their daughters that he had a brain bleed and they could do surgery but he is 87 and probably would not have lived through it. So, they made the painful decision to let him go but the way he would have wanted to go. He died with days...Fast forward to today....My G-Aunt went to a home after he died (he was still caring for her) for people with Alzheimers and Dementia) and refused to eat or drink for 9 days and they found her this morning. I knew deep down that she could not and would not live without him. My Mom told me that she was so far gone and the funeral was almost too much for her grief wise. I believe they were married well over 50 years. These 2 were the most loving, caring and wonderful people I have ever had the priveledge of loving. I adored them and they will greatly be missed but she is no longer so confused and hurting and they are together again as they were meant to be. So, please - thoughts and prayers for my family as we grieve the loss of these 2 people we loved so dearly.

No comments: